Sunday, April 5, 2009

Me, Made of Wonder

Today I'm off to Books of Wonder in NYC to see an amazing *dazzle* of YA authors. (A dazzle is really a group of zebras, but I've always wanted to use it in the 'group' sense, so we're pretending it works. Maybe one of them will be wearing black & white? I'll keep you posted).

Whenever I go to New York, the song from Annie pops into my head (geez, I wonder why?)

NYC, just got here this morning,
2 Friends
5 Authors
1 ME
Oh, NYC, I give you fair warning,
Up front, with squeeing, I'll be...

I've got the last sixth of John Green's An Abundance of Katherines on my iPod to keep me busy on the train so I don't drive St.Matt or the-other-Tiffany nuts. And snacks. And books and my writer's notebook.

But who are we kidding? When I'm this hopped up on excitement, pesting is inevitable.


Don't worry, Petunia's coming too, so Tweeting will continue. Pics & updates later.

***Post-Wondervent Update ***

I have photos, stories and wonder… but they’ll have to wait until tomorrow (Blame BEDA, I need 30 days worth of material, people)

Also blame one of the 3 new pairs of shoes I acquired while grocery shopping yesterday. Wearing new shoes to walk around a city is never a smart idea. Wearing new heels while walking around a city is just plain stupid.

I’m putting my stupid feet up and beginning one of my newly signed books.
See you tomorrow….

2 comments:

  1. Ouch! I have the most gorgeous pair of green heels that did that to me - gave me a blister the same size as my little toe! Can't wait to hear EVERYTHING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you remember to pick up Bliss?

    I also feel your pain when it comes to new shoes rebelling on you. Hopefully you're able to beat them into submission soon!

    ReplyDelete

Comments? I LOVE these!

Note: you may have to press 'Post Comment' twice, I'm not sure why... anyone know?