Monday, March 2, 2009

Snow Day Character Challenge

I get very attached to the names of characters I love. When I was seven, I wanted to name my future children Fern and Wilbur. Thankfully I’ve outgrown my Charlotte’s Web obsession – no offense to any Ferns or Wilburs out there. There was also a time when Pippi a la Pippi Longstocking and Josephine from Little Women made my list.

It’s a snow day and you need something fun to do. So,as a challenge, I’ve listed some of the more unusual names from some of my favorite books. Most of them are middle-grade or YA.

How many can you identify? I’ll add some multiple-choice titles tomorrow for those of you who want a hint and post the answers on Friday. Have fun!

  1. Aislinn
  2. Anidora-Kilandra
  3. Cabel
  4. Calder
  5. Capricorn
  6. Doon
  7. Fitzwilliam
  8. Gemma
  9. Grandison
  10. Heathcliff
  11. Holling
  12. Leisel
  13. Lyra
  14. Mibs
  15. Percy
  16. Phineas
  17. Roiben
  18. Tibby
  19. Vlad
  20. Zane

    How many could you identify? If you’ve got a reason to brag, brag. If you’ve got a reason to be embarrassed, ’fess up!

What great names did I forget? I’m sure there are many, many more!

1 comment:

  1. I believe I got 6 - so I'm probably in the embarrassed catagory.

    -Fred

    ReplyDelete

Comments? I LOVE these!

Note: you may have to press 'Post Comment' twice, I'm not sure why... anyone know?